Are you wondering how to clean your gutters at home? Here are some tips you can use to DIY!
Here is what you’ll need to clean your gutters by yourself
- A ladder (extension ladder if working on a high roof).
- Footwear with grip.
- Sun protection.
- Safety glasses.
- A trowel, gutter scoop, or spatula.
- A bucket, tarpaulin, or tub (for storing the dirt and debris from your gutters).
- A hose.
Step by step on cleaning your gutters by yourself (DIY)
- Clear your roof of any extra debris and set up your ladder near the down pipe. (Be extra cautious when using a ladder or have someone secure the ladder when you are using it)
- Clear debris from the gutters with the trowel, gutter scoop, or spatula
- Clean the down pipe. If there is a blockage you can you strong rubber pipe to force the debris out. Alternatively, you can use wire rope to achieve the same process.
- When the gutters and downpipes or down spout are free from debris you can proceed to flush the gutters with water using your hose. This will help to clear any extra debris that might have been left out during the first process of cleaning.
- Check for leaks and damage. If all is in order, that’s it!
If you need help with cleaning or repairing your gutters don’t hesitate to contact Flexline seamless gutters, click here to WhatsApp us alternatively click here to us call on 0772226661 or 0782300852. If you need a new set of chromadek seamless gutters, we are also the team to call. Our mobile factory will get to wherever you are and create customised seamless gutters for your property. Whether you are in Harare, Mutare, Bulawayo, Victoria Falls, Masvingo, Kwekwe, Chegutu, Bindura, Kariba or anywhere in Zimbabwe, our team will give you unmatched services.