What is water harvesting?
Water harvesting is the process of collecting and storing rainwater for later use. This can be done through various methods such as rooftop catchment, surface runoff harvesting, and groundwater recharge. Water harvesting is an important practice in areas where water resources are scarce, as it helps to conserve and make the most of available water. Installing roof gutters and setting up catchment equipment to store water is one of our specialties here at Flexline Seamless Gutters
Advantages of rooftop catchment / gutter water harvesting
- Cost-effective: Rooftop catchment water harvesting is often more cost-effective than other methods of water harvesting, as it requires minimal infrastructure and equipment.
- Easy to implement: This method is easy to implement as it requires only a few modifications to an existing structure.
- Reduces runoff: Rooftop catchment can reduce runoff from roofs, which can help prevent flooding and erosion.
- Provides a reliable source of water: Rooftop catchment provides a reliable source of water for irrigation, livestock, and domestic use.
Disadvantages of rooftop catchment / gutter water harvesting
- Limited water storage capacity: Rooftop catchment systems have limited storage capacities, which may not be sufficient during extended dry periods or droughts.
- Roof material quality: The quality of the roof material must be suitable for collecting water as some roofing materials may contaminate the collected water.
- Maintenance requirements: Rooftop catchment systems require regular cleaning and maintenance to ensure water quality is maintained.
- Space requirements: Rooftop catchment systems require adequate roof space to collect sufficient amounts of water.
If you have any questions on this topic or if you should do this on your property, your questions are highly welcome.
If you are considering water harvesting or installing gutters or need help with cleaning or repairing your gutters don’t hesitate to contact Flexline seamless gutters, click here to WhatsApp us alternatively click here to us call on 0772226661 or 0782300852. If you need a new set of chromadek seamless gutters, we are also the team to call. Our mobile factory will get to wherever you are and create customised seamless gutters for your property. Whether you are in Harare, Mutare, Bulawayo, Victoria Falls, Masvingo, Kwekwe, Chegutu, Bindura, Kariba or anywhere in Zimbabwe, our team will give you unmatched services.